Autodesk AutoCAD 2016 for Mac and Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2016 for Mac are now available to purchase. Released in late November 2015, a host of key new features have been added to the software to be compatible with the Apple Mac interface and Mac-specific features. Users will also be pleased to know it will have full compatibility with the Windows version of AutoCAD and can store and exchange design data with TrustedDWG™ technology.
New and enhanced features with the 2016 versions include:
- Xref path management – Map Xref file paths from your Mac to Windows machine, including networked servers, so drawings can be shared between colleagues.
- Express Tools – Express Tools have been brought over from Windows to increase efficiency.
- Features taken from Window version – Users can now take advantage of Revision Clouds, DIM Command Enhancements, Command Preview and Selection Effects.
- Properties Palette – Display Properties you use most without having to scroll through the entire properties list.
- Multi-Lingual User Interface (MUI) – There’s no need for a separate install if you want to select another language to use.
- Update Notification – Updates are delivered as small packages to reduce time.
- Smaller PDFs with select-and-search capability – PDF output size has now been significantly reduced. Text inside your PDFs are also now selectable and searchable.
- Pan and Zoom – Autodesk have sped up the zooming and panning features.
- TruType font enhancements – TruType font text is now retained in the drawing to improve zooming and panning performance within AutoCAD.
For more information please visit blogs.autodesk.com/autocad/