Case Study: Scan-to-BIM (MEP)
Project: Elvington Water Treatment Works
Yorkshire is self-sufficient in water with a grid system of pipes and pumps enabling water to be moved quickly around the region. The water treatment works at Elvington accounts for nearly 20% of all water consumed across the region and lies in a largely agricultural area. It performs two important functions:
- Removing large volumes of sediment.
- Removing toxins arising from fertilizers and pesticides on surrounding farmland.
Redevelopment work was to be carried out on Elvington’s “Actiflo” wastewater treatment plant and Benchmarq was engaged to assist with this task.
- Receive and process the point cloud survey data for the site from our survey partner.
- Create a 3D model of the structures, large diameter feed pipework, supporting structural steelwork and features such as fencing, platforms, guardrails, etc.
- Deliver a 3D AutoCAD DWG file back to the Client.