We have years of experience in the development of 3D ground models for a wide variety of sectors. Including house and road building, waste management, maritime, onshore and oil and gas, aviation, utilities etc. Using data captured by our survey partners or yours, our engineers can take your data and produce 3D ground models to assist with further development and processing such as:
- Site planning
- Site evaluation with graphical and contour display of slope, aspect, height, runoff
- Earthworks design, including cut & fill calculations
- Other volumetrics such as pavement layer quantities, concrete quantities, cavern and reservoir volumes etc.
- Road design including horizontal and vertical alignment
- Visibility studies
- Plan, long section/profile and cross-section drawings
3D Ground Modelling
3D ground modelling is an essential tool for site planning, siting and designing infrastructure. It can also be used for assessing geotechnical and geohazard risk.
With state of the art 3D ground modelling software, we can create a contoured 3D map that gives a realistic visual representation of the shape of the site that’s being measured.
Volumetric surveying is a type of land survey used for a range of construction projects. Architects and engineers use volumetric data to calculate the volume and value of earthworks, stockpiles and other materials.
Similarly to a topographical survey, they accurately represent an area but the procedures of a volumetric survey pay closer attention to levels and break lines producing a fuller picture of the volumes of land and materials on the premises.
The benefits of ground modelling and volumetrics
Ground modelling and volumetric calculations have a variety of benefits. They can be used for the following reasons:
- Assisting disputes regarding landfill or excavation
- Assisting in the design of urban areas
- To produce accurate volume survey calculations that are needed to monitor earthworks during construction
- Reduce delays on site